The Placer-Sierra Railroad Heritage Society (PSRHS) was formed to preserve and protect the history of the Donner Pass Route portion of the Transcontinental Railroad. Please join us in our efforts and enjoy the website.
The success for a great event is depends on volunteers. Come be a part of the crew. It is not only rewarding but can be a lot of fun as well.
As we approach the dates for Colfax Railroad Days, Sept. 12-13, it is time to organize volunteers to help with setup and to staff the main venues.
Volunteers can receive a 2015 Crew Tee Shirt.
Volunteers are needed for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Friday, Sept. 11 — Afternoon — Prepping the area, putting up barricades and security fencing, setting up for evening dinner
Saturday and Sunday — staffing PSRHS booth, caboose tours, motor car rides, and help inside and outside UP equipment
Please consider helping make this a successful and memorable150th anniversary event by volunteering for one or more of the following shifts: (shifts may be shortened if we have enough volunteers)
- Sept. 11 – Friday afternoon setup
- Sept. 12 – Saturday morning 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Sept. 12 – Saturday afternoon 12:00noon – 4:00pm
- Sept. 13 – Sunday morning 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Sept. 13 – Sunday afternoon 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Please reply by return email indicating what shift(s) you wish to volunteer for. If you have a preference where you are assigned indicate that as well. Either Shirley Belleville or I will get back to you before the event with shift assignments. Please email me at moc.e1444492808riwxe1444492808@rrsr1444492808
Thanks in advance for your help.
Come to our planning meeting Monday August 31st at 7:00 PM. It will be in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 33 S Main St, Colfax, CA 95713. Everyone is welcome as are your suggestions.
The Placer-Sierra Railroad Heritage Society is now part of Amazon’s Smile Program. A portion of each purchase made in our name returns to the Society as a donation from Amazon. To setup your Amazon purchases for Smile just:
- Use this URL : https://smile.amazon.com/ch/68-0488569 or Click Here
- You will know you are supporting us because just below the search bar it will say “Supporting: Placer Sierra Railroad Heritage Society”
- Go here and set up an Amazon App In Chrome or Firefox to make it easier and automatic https://smile.amazon.com/gp/BIT
- After the app is set up goto http://smile.amazon.com and Choose “Placer Sierra Railroad Heritage Society” as your preference.
Thank you so much for your continued support,
We want to thank everyone who supported us during the Big Day of Giving. Your kind gifts totaled $1950.00. Each dollar will go preserving the history of the Donner Pass Route. On behalf of the entire membership of PSRHS and community of Colfax we thank you.
The footage is from the 2011 deployment of the Rotary Snow Plow. Scene of Truckee before it departed West for the first trip back over the mountain. Following shots are from the cab of one of the diesels pushing the Rotary East on the return trip. The The Rotaries worked for approximately 5 days to get the mountain clear. This footage are snippets of what is to be seen in Part II of “Rotaries, Avalanche on the Mountain.” This is from Brendan Compton & BA Productions
Click Here to view or check out our YouTube Channel